We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Canned black beans may be convenient, but these taste so much better and with a lot less salt! This basic black bean recipe is very simple to make, you just have to remember to soak the beans.
Pay attention to the beans you buy, the old ones can take up to twice as long to cook. Cooked beans freeze well, so make your own convenience food. Store your cooked beans in useful portions in the freezer using 4- or 2-cup plastic bags.
- 1 cup of black beans
- 4 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 coriander stalks, stem and leaves, well washed (optional)
- 2 small shallots, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- ½ teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- Wash the beans. Place them in a container large enough to hold with 4 cups of water. Cover with a plate or plastic wrap and allow to soak overnight. They must double in size.
- Drain the soaked beans, wash them and place in a large pot with the shallots, bay leaf and coriander. Add enough water to cover them and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bring the beans to a boil. Remove any dirt that forms. Boil for 10 minutes, cover, and lower heat to low. Cook over low heat until the beans hold their shape but are soft, about 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the age of the beans.
- Remove the cilantro, shallots, and bay leaf. Add the sea salt. Use the beans or store them in the freezer or refrigerator.
Properties of black beans
1. Heart disease.
2. Improves the nervous system.
3. Regulates blood sugar.
4. Detoxifies sulfites.
5. Help fight cancer.
6. Lowers cholesterol.
8. Helps with digestive problems.
9. It has a lot of fiber.
10. It is an antioxidant
With information from: